Get an overview of the 3rd Annual Commercial UAV Show London which will be held on 19th and 20th October 2016 in London, UK.
Next week sees the 3rd Annual Commercial UAV Show London taking place in the ExCeL in London, UK.
The Commercial UAV Show London is a top B2B event for the booming drone industry and is a showcase event for all of the big players involved with drones and drone technologies, specifically focused on the civilian and commercial side of the industry.
It is the largest dedicated UAV event outside of the United States in terms of attendance, exhibitors, and speakers, and it offers ample opportunity to network with peers and keep abreast of industry news.
It’s organized by Terrapin, a world leader in business events which runs similar Commercial UAV Shows in Asia and Africa, sponsored by Landmark Information Group, Cadline, Mapmechanics, Nvidia, Ordnance Survey, Textron Systems, and senseFly, and supported by a high number of media partners (Skytango too is a Media Partner of this event).
Visitors & Exhibitors Stats
Launched in October 2014, it welcomed 1,589 attendees, a number which grew to 2,350 (a 48% increase) in 2015. Organizers are expecting in excess of 3,500 attendees in 2016.
The exhibitors in 2015 ranged from UAV test sites, training consultancies, insurance providers, UAV manufacturers and suppliers to specialists in mapping and surveying, and they too grew considerably last year (85 exhibitors showcased in 2015 representing a 44% increase from 2014).
This year’s show features a thriving exhibition floor with over 70 exhibitors confirmed to date and an exclusive conference.
The Exhibition Floor
- Demo Zone: a safe, netted large area on the exhibition floor where exhibitors who’ve booked 30 minute session demonstrate their UAV
- User & University Pavilion: this popular part of the floor will showcase ideas, innovations and new technologies around drones
- Poster Zone: a first for 2016, the poster zone is open to researchers, academics, and individuals who have a particular project or research area that they’d like to share with the industry
- Start Up Zone: pods are available to start-up businesses registered on or after 1 January 2014
- Photo Gallery & Video Installation: a video installation showcasing films shot from drone’s-eye-view will celebrate the creativity and talent that UAVs can unlock. On top of this, there will be a gallery exploring the work of innovative photographers who strive to capture nature and civilization from a new perspective. Visitors will have the opportunity to choose their favourite, with the winner announced at a drinks reception on the 19th of October
- Photography Workshop: Running throughout the conference will be a workshop which aims to teach photographers, both amateur and professional, the tips and tricks for using UAVs to increase the tools in their photographic arsenal
The exhibition floor also includes a dedicated Blue Light & Emergency Services Theatre, a Mapping and GIS Theatre, a UAV Innovation Theatre, and a Data and Analytics Theatre. In these theaters you can participate to specific sessions:
- Blue Light & Emergency Services Theatre: sessions in this area will cover the broad variety of UAV applications utilised in civil operations for blue light and emergency services
- Mapping, Surveying & GIS Theatre: sessions here will provide mapping, surveying and geospatial applications and case studies
- Utilities and Infrastructure Theatre: this theatre will cover key UAV applications across oil and gas, utilities, transport and other related sectors
- Data and Analytics Theatre: learn how data from drones are used across several sectors, including archeology, environment, surveying etc
If you are planning to attend the event here is the list of speakers confirmed for the 2016 Commercial UAV Show London. Over 100 speakers confirmed so far will cover the use of UAV applications for emergency and blue light services, mapping, surveying and geospatial applications, oil and gas, utilities and transport alongside aerial photography, aerial videography, and agriculture.
The Conference is structured in vertical topics.
Some highlights of the main conference:
- hear from companies like DHL, EE, Rakuten, BP, Areva Mines and T-Mobile Netherlands which have been early adopters of UAVs, and learn how they utilize drones and drone technology in their daily work
- attend talks from top commercial drone manufacturers like Aeryon, Insitu, Yuneec and Airbus
- look at case studies from Facebook and shipping giant Maersk on using drones within their respective industries
- learn about drone regulation, insurance & training. You will find out about up-to-date regulations for the use of drones in the UK, US, Europe and Germany with talks and discussions from the UK Department for Transport, FAA, European Commission, CAA and German Air Traffic Authority (DFS)
Along the main conference, specific sessions will take place in the theaters on the exhibition floor.
Opening Times & Price
Exhibition & Seminars
Wednesday 19th October: 10am – 4pm
Thursday 20th October: 10am – 4pm
Wednesday 19th October: 9am – 5pm
Thursday 20th October: 9am – 5pm
Tickets are still available through the Commercial UAV Show London registration page.
Tickets to visit the exhibition floor are free, while an Individual Pass for the 2-day Conference costs £995.