SkyPixel Aerial Video Contest 2017 has just launched, so brush up your aerial cinematography skills and explore the world from a new perspective!
SkyPixel Aerial Video Contest 2017 is a collaboration between the world’s leading drone manufacturer DJI and SkyPixel.
SkyPixel is a global online community for aerial photographers and cinematographers, founded in 2014 by DJI and attracting tens of thousands of talented aerial artists to showcase their work in various photo and film contests.
A few months ago we wrote about SkyPixel’s drone photography contest “Australia From Above“. A few days ago, SkyPixel announced their 2017 video contest.
SkyPixel Aerial Video Contest 2017 is open to aerial cinematography enthusiasts and professionals from all over the world, and has three categories:
- Sport: showcase your creativity by capturing the energy and excitement behind the sport or athlete pursuing their dreams (Sponsor: Adidas)
- City: capture the character of the city and show your beloved places from above (Sponsor: Raffles City)
- Nature: tell the story with landscape shots (Sponsor: Nikon)
Submissions for the SkyPixel Aerial Video Contest 2017 are open until August 2nd, 2017 with the contest winners announcement taking place on 30th of August.
- Entries from any platform are accepted
- Entries to be less than 5 minutes, with each included video lasting at least 30 seconds
- Unlimited content to several categories may be submitted by the same participant
- A single submission may only qualify for one category
- Submitted content must be authentic and original. Submitting false information will result in disqualification
- Watermarks may influence evaluation results
The panel of judges for SkyPixel Video Contest 2017 consists of nine renowned videographers, film directors and influencers:
- Phil Pastuhov: Aerial Director of Photography, whose credits include Lord Of The Rings trilogy, Godzilla, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
- Ning Hao: director and screenwriter. His latest film, Breakup Buddies, made over $195 million globally.
- Ryan Hosking: the youngest Aerial Director of Photography for feature films, constantly pushing the limits.
- Filipe DeAndrade: wildlife ambassador for National Geographic and Nat Geo WILD, 10-time Emmy award-winning photographer with a focus on wildlife conservation.
- Robin Mahieux: French filmmaker, working on creative projects for Chanel, Sony, Redbull, Porsche, AIA, Jaguar, and other world-class brands.
- David Etienne Durivage: founder of Dizifilms Agency, TV producer, director, aircraft and commercial drone pilot.
- Josh Raab: Multimedia Editor at Time magazine and professor at the International Center of Photography.
- Brad Rickman: Digital Director for Condé Nast Traveller magazine.
- Andy Best: Renowned photographer and filmmaker. His work includes adventure documentaries, commercials and short films.
SkyPixel is well known for excellent prizes and the SkyPixel Aerial Video Contest 2017 does not disappoint.
The Grand Prize, totalling USD $15,391, consists of a DJI Inspire 2 Premium Combo, Nikon D750 with 24-70 mm VR 2.8 Lens, Suunto Spartan Ultra Copper Special Edition (HR) Watch, LaCie d2 Thunderbolt 3 Hard Drive, Oakley Latch Prizm Sunglasses and a travel package from Tourism Australia.
There are three generous and amazing prizes for each category, including DJI drones Phantom 4 Pro, Mavic Pro and Spark, awesome Nikon photo cameras, Adidas sports equipment and many more excellent prizes.
Also, the top ten most liked videos (until 2nd of August) will be awarded the People’s Choice Prize, totalling USD $1,761.
DJI Vice President of Marketing Danny Zheng on SkyPixel:
“With this video contest, we hope it will expand creative possibilities even further and allow people to explore the world like never before.”
Get inspired and showcase your creativity from above! For more information and to enter the contest, visit SkyPixel Aerial Video Contest 2017.
Top image credits: © SkyPixel